FreightTrainWorks – Jens Besser
– – –
In the summer of 2017 Jens Besser realized the FreightTrainWorks exhibition as part of the Urban Script Continues series in Dresden. The artist, author and curator, best known for his 2010 “Muralismo Morte” book, united a variety of artworks which stand out from the traditional graffiti writing that can be found on freight trains.
The exhibition, which was held again in Görlitz in 2018, focuses on the “phenomenon of non-writing freight train painting” by artists from Germany, France, Italy, Russia and the United States. Besides an historic introduction, book recommendations on the topic and a glossary, the FreightTrainWorks catalogue includes trains by BWNC, TOCKA, Wipe Out, Zelle Asphaltkultur, ARIS, DRUCE, JINDU and Collettivo FX as well as texts on the shown works.
• Jens Besser – Freight Train Works – The Train is Rolling
• Jens Besser – Art Crossing Borders
• Interview with TFD (The Funky Diabetic)
• Pietro Rivasi – Collettivo FX: general features and freight works insight
• Interview with Zelle Asphaltkultur
• Robert Kaltenhäuser – Weichenschleicher
FreightTrainWorks comes as an extravagant four color screen print zine, is limited to 100 copies, hand-numbered and includes a screen printed postcard.
48 pages, 21 x 14,8 cm, Edition of 100, 4 color Screen printing zine
Release date: 2019
Publisher: Jens Besser
Only 1 left in stock